Venison Cordon Bleu Recipe
In Clear, Alaska, reader Janette Yingling rolls up venison tenderloin with thin slices of ham and Swiss cheese before baking. She serves the attractive venison rolls with crusty French bread for dipping in the broth.
- 4 venison tenderloin steaks (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- Sliced French bread, optional
- 1. Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. top each with a slice of cheese and ham; roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on all sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour broth over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and the meat juices run clear. Serve roll-ups and pan juices with French bread if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC