In Clear, Alaska, reader Janette Yingling rolls up venison tenderloin with thin slices of ham and Swiss cheese before baking. She serves the attractive venison rolls with crusty French bread for dipping in the broth.
- 4 venison tenderloin steaks (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- Sliced French bread, optional
- Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. top each with a slice of cheese and ham; roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on all sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour broth over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and the meat juices run clear. Serve roll-ups and pan juices with French bread if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Venison Cordon Bleu in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p56
Reviews for Venison Cordon Bleu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review