Venison Cheese Dip Recipe
This hearty cheesy dip is so yummy that even those who don't enjoy venison will dig right in. "My grandsons put it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon!" writes Karen Smith of Mackinaw, Illinois. "I double or triple the recipe to make sure I have enough."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 1 pound ground venison
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Nacho chips
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the venison, 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup green pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients; cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- 2. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining onion and green pepper. Serve with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC