Venison Cheese Dip Recipe
This hearty cheesy dip is so yummy that even those who don't enjoy venison will dig right in. "My grandsons put it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon!" writes Karen Smith of Mackinaw, Illinois. "I double or triple the recipe to make sure I have enough."
- 1 pound ground venison
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Nacho chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the venison, 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup green pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients; cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining onion and green pepper. Serve with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Venison Cheese Dip in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p60
Reviews for Venison Cheese Dip(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2013
I have made this a lot over the years. It is a favorite of my brother and I. It does make a huge batch tho!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Dip >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >