Venison and Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook venison and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 345 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 9g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Venison and Beans
"I thought this was great as a side dish, not a meal."