"When I was first married, I had no idea how to cook game," writes Jill Kerr of York, Pennsylvania. "I got this recipe from a friend, and now my husband thinks we should have it every night!"
- 1-1/2 pound ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook venison and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Venison and Beans in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p46
Reviews for Venison and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2015
"I thought this was great as a side dish, not a meal."