Velvety Orange Gelatin Pie Recipe
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the milk, sour cream and orange peel. Fold in the whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Velvety Orange Gelatin Pie
Sort By :
Made this for Labor Day....sad to say, only one piece eaten. Nothing to rave about, but it may have had too much dessert competition (strawberry trifle & mint chocolate pie).
I made this for a light treat on Mother's Day and everyone raved about it. I used the pre-made crust with 2 extra servings and had no problems with it overflowing. Next time I'm going to try with van yogurt instead of the sour cream. I'll be making this again and again!
I've made this for a few years now and everytime I get rave reviews. I've even made it with different flavors like lemon and strawberry. All turn out wonderful!
This is so good and refreshing on a hot summer day. I used the pre-made crust with 2 extra servings and had no problems with it overflowing.
Fell in love with recipe and had to make it right away only haven't been to the store in days so I didn't have orange gelatin and used mango flavor instead; substituted plain greek-style yogurt for the sour cream; used dream whip (1 pkg) instead of frozen whipped topping. It was great - we fought over who would lick the spoon! Used a store-brand graham cracker crust and filling overflowed - will make own crust next time. And next time will be very soon!