A thick and creamy white sauce tops linguine and shrimp in this savory entree. "This is a fast and easy way to get a meal on the table in a hurry," Vonda Nixon relates from Anchorage, Alaska. "The clients of my cooking business request this dish time and again."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1
- minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp;
- cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep
- Add cream to the pan, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream
- is reduced to about 1-1/4 cups.
- Stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat
- through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 656 calories, 36 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 227 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium,