Velvet Shrimp Recipe
A thick and creamy white sauce tops linguine and shrimp in this savory entree. "This is a fast and easy way to get a meal on the table in a hurry," Vonda Nixon relates from Anchorage, Alaska. "The clients of my cooking business request this dish time and again."
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cream to the pan, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream is reduced to about 1-1/4 cups.
- Stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Velvet Shrimp in Light & Tasty
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Velvet Shrimp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >