- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cream to the pan, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream is reduced to about 1-1/4 cups.
- Stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Velvet Shrimp in Light & Tasty
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Velvet Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review