For a perfect fall treat, I make this torte. Its wonderful pumpkin flavor will be loved by everyone who tries it.—Velma Gouldie, Esbon, Kansas
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping
- Combine crust ingredients; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Spread over crust. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top appears set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the pumpkin, egg yolks, milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened; remove from the heat.
- Dissolve gelatin in water; add to saucepan. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled torte; chill. Garnish with whipped topping. Torte keeps well for several days in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Velma's Pumpkin Torte in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p93
Reviews for Velma's Pumpkin Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review