Veggies on the Grill Recipe
"I like to experiment a bit with marinades and sauces that combine different spices and herbs," relates H. Ross Njaa of Salinas, California. "This particular mix of seasonings really perks up garden-fresh vegetables."
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 large potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Brush over vegetables. Grill carrots and potatoes, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Baste. Add zucchini. Cover and grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting and turning every 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC