Veggies on the Grill
"I like to experiment a bit with marinades and sauces that combine different spices and herbs," relates H. Ross Njaa of Salinas, California. "This particular mix of seasonings really perks up garden-fresh vegetables."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 large potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and
- cayenne. Brush over vegetables. Grill carrots and potatoes, covered,
- over medium heat for 10 minutes. Baste. Add zucchini. Cover and
- grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting and turning every 5 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.