"I like to experiment a bit with marinades and sauces that combine different spices and herbs," relates H. Ross Njaa of Salinas, California. "This particular mix of seasonings really perks up garden-fresh vegetables."
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 large potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Brush over vegetables. Grill carrots and potatoes, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Baste. Add zucchini. Cover and grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting and turning every 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veggies on the Grill in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p56
Reviews for Veggies on the Grill
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2011
"Very good. It was not overpowering but complemented the flavor of the vegetables."
Reviewed May. 29, 2008