Veggies in Vinaigrette Recipe
"This garden-fresh veggie side dish is so good, even people who don't like turnips ask for the recipe," says Wendy Oler of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Try substituting a different flavored vinegar to put a personal touch on this colorful crowd-pleaser.
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 small turnip, peeled and cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Place the broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and turnip in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 126 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Veggies in Vinaigrette
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC