Bright asparagus, yellow summer squash and other vegetables get flame-broiled treatment in this must-try side dish. The grilled specialty gets a flavor boost from red wine vinegar, basil and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, salt and pepper. Add the asparagus, squash, red pepper, onion and mushrooms; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Transfer the vegetables to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Place vegetables in a serving bowl. Add vinegar and basil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veggies from the Grill in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p32
Reviews for Veggies from the Grill
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review