Bright asparagus, yellow summer squash and other vegetables get flame-broiled treatment in this must-try side dish. The grilled specialty gets a flavor boost from red wine vinegar, basil and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, salt and pepper. Add the asparagus, squash, red pepper, onion and mushrooms; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Transfer the vegetables to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Place vegetables in a serving bowl. Add vinegar and basil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veggies from the Grill in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p32
Reviews for Veggies from the Grill
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2011
"Excellent, and very flavorful! Can't wait to make this again this weekend!"