Veggies and Ham
Canned soup and frozen vegetables streamline this fast-to-fix fare from Barb Sears of Falconer, New York. "Our son has loved this cheesy ham skillet since he was a little boy," she writes. "Now he requests it when he and his college roommate come home to visit."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the green beans and corn in butter.
- Sprinkle with flour; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the soup,
- sour cream and ham. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium
- heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the
- cheese; cover and let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 499 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,825 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.