Canned soup and frozen vegetables streamline this fast-to-fix fare from Barb Sears of Falconer, New York. "Our son has loved this cheesy ham skillet since he was a little boy," she writes. "Now he requests it when he and his college roommate come home to visit."
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the green beans and corn in butter. Sprinkle with flour; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and ham. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the cheese; cover and let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggies and Ham in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p61
Reviews for Veggies and Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2009
"This was hearty and comforting. I had to make a few changes based on what I had on hand - I used peas and onions for the veggies and cream of mushroom soup. Very tasty and filling!"