Veggies and Ham Recipe
Canned soup and frozen vegetables streamline this fast-to-fix fare from Barb Sears of Falconer, New York. "Our son has loved this cheesy ham skillet since he was a little boy," she writes. "Now he requests it when he and his college roommate come home to visit."
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the green beans and corn in butter. Sprinkle with flour; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and ham. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the cheese; cover and let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggies and Ham in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p61
Reviews for Veggies and Ham(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2009
This was hearty and comforting. I had to make a few changes based on what I had on hand - I used peas and onions for the veggies and cream of mushroom soup. Very tasty and filling!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >