Veggie Wonton Quiches Recipe
With green broccoli and red pepper, these mini quiches from our home economists are a fitting finger food for Christmas. Crispy wonton cups make a tasty "crust."
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Gently press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat wontons with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove wontons from cups; place upside down on baking sheets. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake 5 minutes longer or until light golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and onion in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water; stir in the parsley, salt, thyme, white pepper and cayenne. Add to vegetable mixture; cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
- 5. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each wonton cup. Bake for 5 minutes or until filling is heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 quiches equals 96 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC