Veggie Turkey Roll-Ups Recipe
Colorful veggies are wrapped inside tender turkey breast slices to create these fresh-tasting bundles. Serve with rice pilaf and angel food cake topped with fresh fruit. Or accompany with parsley potatoes and purchased chocolate chip cheesecake for dessert.Gertrude Peischl, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup each julienned sweet red pepper, carrot, yellow summer squash and zucchini
- 4 uncooked turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine or additional water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine the red pepper, carrot, summer squash and zucchini; spoon down the center of each turkey slice. Roll up and secure ends with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and paprika; roll turkey in mixture until coated. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook roll-ups in oil until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over turkey. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until juices run clear and the vegetables are crisp-tender. Discard toothpicks; serve with pan drippings. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Turkey Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veggie Turkey Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review