Veggie Turkey Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 package (20 ounces) ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil, nuts, basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salad dressing mix, pepper and remaining salt.
- 5. Brush remaining oil over dough. Top with turkey mixture, olives and cheeses. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
2 slice: 637 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1626mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Veggie Turkey Pizza
"Super delicious! It always gets compliments when I serve it. It is full of flavor!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.