Veggie Turkey Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 package (20 ounces) ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil, nuts, basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salad dressing mix, pepper and remaining salt.
- 5. Brush remaining oil over dough. Top with turkey mixture, olives and cheeses. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
1 serving (2 slices) equals 637 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,626 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.