This is the best pizza I've ever eaten! I sometimes mix walnuts with the pine nuts, but you can use your favorites.—Marina Castle, North Hollywood, California
Recommended: 10 Easy Dinners Kids Can Help Make
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 package (20 ounces) ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil, nuts, basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salad dressing mix, pepper and remaining salt.
- Brush remaining oil over dough. Top with turkey mixture, olives and cheeses. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Originally published as Veggie Turkey Pizza in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p6
Reviews forVeggie Turkey Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2011
"Super delicious! It always gets compliments when I serve it. It is full of flavor!"