"I created this recipe when I got married 20 years ago and have served it countless times since then," writes Marilyn Smelser of Albany, Oregon, "Sometimes I add a little chili powder, heap the tuna mixture over tortilla chips instead and microwave for hearty nachos."
Recommended: Your February Meal Plan
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 thin slices tomato
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, red pepper, mushrooms, cheese and olives. Fold in mayonnaise. Spread over English muffin halves. Top each with a tomato slice.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Open-Face Tuna Melts in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p63
Reviews for Veggie Tuna Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2011
"Excellent and low Weight Watcher points."