You don't have to be a health nut to enjoy the flavor of these moist and nutritious burgers.They're an easy way to get my children to eat their vegetables.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup each shredded zucchini, yellow summer squash and carrots
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and carrots; saute until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, tuna, salt and pepper. Add vegetable mixture. Shape into six 3-1/2-in. patties.
- Coat the same skillet again with cooking spray; cook patties in butter for 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on buns with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Tuna Burgers in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veggie Tuna Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review