Veggie Tortellini Soup
Make the best of frozen veggies and tortellini with this no-fuss recipe. If you’d like, add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to the top or a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Helen Rehberger - Pewaukee, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 package (8 ounces) dried cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil. Stir in vegetables and
- tortellini. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 215 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,431 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.