Veggie Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, zucchini, tomatoes, tortellini, spinach, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Just before serving, stir in vinegar. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Tortellini Soup(10)
Sort By :
Delicious! I made the recipe as written, and it was great. My 2 year old loved it too!
Delicious soup! I used refrigerated whole wheat cheese tortellini which was excellent and plum tomatoes from my freezer.
Adding a tip: cook the tortellini separately as it absorbs too much broth to cook in the soup itself.
Fantastic was this soup! Use 32 oz. of broth as it simmers away. I also left out the vinegar, used diced tomatoes, & substituted 1 tsp. each of oregano & basil for the rosemary. Sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Hubby thought it was okay. He's not a fan of zucchini or cooked spinach, but he didn't seem to notice either!
Made this recipe again and added 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper because my hubby was wanting a spicy soup. He raved about it this time. Also added Parmesan cheese when serving and still did not add the vinegar.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Soup Recipes >
- Tortellini Soup >