“My family always asks for and enjoys this salad when we have special gatherings,“ shares Patricia Mallon from Yakima, Washington. “It also works great for potlucks since it's so quick and easy to prepare.“ TIP: To turn the Veggie Tortellini Salad into an easy stand-alone meal mainstay, try adding grilled chicken strips, pepperoni or Italian salami. Serve with slices of crusty bread and iced sun tea.
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, celery, carrots, red pepper, onion, artichokes and olives.
- In a blender, combine the first eight dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Tortellini Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p27
Reviews for Veggie Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2014
"Every time I make this for a gathering, it gets rave reviews, and everyone wants the recipe. So very yummy and worth the time of cutting up all the veggies!"
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"Overload on vegetables and I LOVE vegetables."