Veggie-Topped Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with wine; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Combine the onion, green pepper, tomato, lemon juice, oil and garlic powder; spoon over fillets.
- 2. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 192 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.