I invented this fast weeknight dish using frozen tilapia fillets. My entire family loved it! I often serve it with crusty rolls, salad and a rice dish. It always gets raves! —Christine Bissonette, Scotia, New York
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with wine; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Combine the onion, green pepper, tomato, lemon juice, oil and garlic powder; spoon over fillets.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie-Topped Tilapia in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p57
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veggie-Topped Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review