- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with wine; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Combine the onion, green pepper, tomato, lemon juice, oil and garlic powder; spoon over fillets.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veggie-Topped Tilapia
Sort By :
"Not only was this recipe delicious, but it was very colorful and easy as well. I would consider changing out the green bell pepper for an orange one if you perfere it not to have that bite to it that a green pepper can give. I would definately make this again! For a varition, I might even try it with a mild salsa on top!"
"Tilapia is one of the very few fish we eat and it's so good to cook. This dish looks excellent and definitely one we'll try when we have the time to cook it this way."
"I've made a very similar recipe but I add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for extra crunch and omega-3's"