Veggie-Topped Fillets Recipe
- 4 sole or walleye fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups V8 juice
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a saucepan, combine the V8 juice, celery, onion, green pepper, lemon juice, sugar and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Pour over fish; dot with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 199 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Veggie-Topped Fillets
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.