- 16 cups quartered ripe tomatoes (about 7 pounds)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped celery
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked peeled beets
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, combine all the ingredients; crush the tomatoes slightly. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Cool.
- Press mixture through a food mill or fine sieve. Refrigerate or freeze. Shake or stir well before serving. Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
Originally published as Veggie Tomato Juice in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p45
Reviews for Veggie Tomato Juice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review