Veggie Tacos Recipe
- 8 taco shells
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. Heat taco shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the cabbage, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with sugar.
- 2. Stir in the beans, salsa, chilies, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into taco shells. Garnish with cheese and avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 438 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 791 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Tacos
"Excellent! Very different for a meatless dinner."
"Very tasty! Super quick and easy, too.We had whole wheat tortillas, so just warmed them and made soft tacos. Nice crunchy-ish filling with the cabbage.Will definitely make often!"
"I had no idea what to expect. We usually eat salad with taco hot sauce and some seasoning as "vegetarian tacos". These were far better and really much better than I ever imagined! Will definitely be making these again."