Veggie Tacos Recipe
- 8 taco shells
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Heat taco shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the cabbage, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Stir in the beans, salsa, chilies, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into taco shells. Garnish with cheese and avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Tacos
Sort By :
Very tasty! Super quick and easy, too.
We had whole wheat tortillas, so just warmed them and made soft tacos. Nice crunchy-ish filling with the cabbage.
Will definitely make often!
I had no idea what to expect. We usually eat salad with taco hot sauce and some seasoning as "vegetarian tacos". These were far better and really much better than I ever imagined! Will definitely be making these again.