Marinated artichoke hearts are an unusual addition to these impressive packed potatoes from Jennifer Andrzejewski of Grizzly Flats, California. Bacon, cheese, sour cream and broccoli round out the savory flavor.
Recommended: 19 Side Dishes Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate; pierce several times with a fork. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp of each, leaving a thin shell.
- In a bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the cheese, broccoli, artichoke, bacon, garlic salt and lemon-pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie-Stuffed Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p15
Reviews for Veggie-Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2014
"We enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have the artichoke hearts so used a 1/2 cup leftover meat sauce. Question: Is this a Stand Alone recipe or a side dish? I miss the days when ToH would suggest Pleasing Partners."