Veggie-Stuffed Pizza Bread Recipe
- 2 cups frozen vegetable blend (carrots, cauliflower, asparagus and broccoli)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Additional oil and basil
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1. Cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. Cut larger vegetables into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add cream and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Stir in the chicken, parsley, basil, celery salt and pepper; heat through. Add 4 tablespoons Parmesan and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir until cheese is melted; remove from the heat.
- 3. Brush baking sheet with additional oil. Roll out pizza crust onto baking sheet, keeping the rectangular shape. Brush crust with oil. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese lengthwise down center. Spoon chicken mixture over the cheese, spreading it about 4 in. wide. Moisten edges of dough. Fold the long sides over the chicken mixture and pinch to seal. Pinch ends to seal and fold under. Brush top with oil; sprinkle with basil and remaining Parmesan. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 326 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Veggie-Stuffed Pizza Bread
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.