- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional ingredients: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and reduced-fat sour cream
- Sprinkle beef with cumin and salt. In a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Stir in cilantro. Return beef to the pan; heat through.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with lettuce, tomato and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Steak Fajitas in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p50
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Veggie Steak Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2011
"This was good but it needed more flavor.."