Veggie Spiral Salad Recipe
My husband and son detested pasta salad before I came up with this one. But there were no leftovers the very first time I served this—now it's a summertime family favorite! Filled with fresh, crunchy radishes and celery, juicy tomatoes and cucumbers, this nutritious recipe is one to try with your gang. —Melody Loyd, Parowan, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cucumber, celery, onion, radishes, tomatoes, olives, cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk the dressing mix, vinegar and oil. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC