Veggie Soup with Meatballs Recipe
Loaded with veggies, meatballs and spices, this meal-in-one soup from Penny Fagan of Mobile, Alabama is hearty enough to warm up any cold winter day. It’s a recipe you’ll make again and again!
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 2. Stir in macaroni and parsley; cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-2/3 cups equals 335 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 1,295 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC