Loaded with veggies, meatballs and spices, this meal-in-one soup from Penny Fagan of Mobile, Alabama is hearty enough to warm up any cold winter day. It’s a recipe you’ll make again and again!
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in macaroni and parsley; cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Veggie Meatball Soup in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p52
Reviews for Veggie Soup with Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review