- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in macaroni and parsley; cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Veggie Soup with Meatballs
Sort By :
"This soup was fantastic! I loved all of the vegetables. Next time I would cut the zucchini larger or else add it later in the cooking process to prevent it from becoming soggy. I used turkey meatballs in place of Italian meatballs to save calories (nearly 100 calories per serving saved!) and found the soup to be delicious."
"Loved the fresh vegetables. My kids gobbled up the meatballs especially. They thought that made it extra special."
"Loved this recipe! Even my 6 year-old ate two helpings."
"I made this soup with Homestyle Meatballs, next time I'll try with Italian Meatballs. I think I'll like the extra flavor. I didn't have zucchini, so I added an extra cup of cabbage. I also left out the elbow mac., because I'm trying to limit the carbs. This is my kind of soup - delicous broth, with lots of veggies."
"I've made this recipe several times and have handed out the recipe dozens of times - it's easy and delicous."