Veggie Skewers Recipe
"I discovered this recipe while trying to spruce up plain vegetables for dinner guests," recalls Monica Meek Flatford of Knoxville, Tennessee. A mild spice blend coats colorful skewers of fresh zucchini, summer squash and mushrooms.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some of the mixture over vegetables.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning and basting occasionally with herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC