"I discovered this recipe while trying to spruce up plain vegetables for dinner guests," recalls Monica Meek Flatford of Knoxville, Tennessee. A mild spice blend coats colorful skewers of fresh zucchini, summer squash and mushrooms.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some of the mixture over vegetables.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning and basting occasionally with herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Skewers in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p22
Reviews for Veggie Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2009