Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion, zucchini, tomato and garlic in butter for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 496 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine
"Easy to make, tastes great."
"I used cooked shrimp because it was on sale and put it in at the end to warm up."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.