Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion, zucchini, tomato and garlic in butter for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 496 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine
"Easy to make, tastes great."
"I used cooked shrimp because it was on sale and put it in at the end to warm up."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.