Angie Medearis of Lemoore, California simply sums up, "This dish is easy, fast and good." The colorful combination of pretty zucchini rounds, tomatoes and flavorful shrimp is sure to make an everyday meal seem like a special occasion.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion, zucchini, tomato and garlic in butter for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p5
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2012
"Easy to make, tastes great."
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"I used cooked shrimp because it was on sale and put it in at the end to warm up."