- Reduce heat to low; cook for 4-5 minutes or until most of the liquid
- has evaporated. Remove from the heat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place a tablespoonful of shrimp mixture in the center of a wonton
- wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready
- to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center
- over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly
- to seal.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook egg rolls, a few at a time,
- in remaining oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Serve with egg rolls. Yield: 38 egg rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 2 egg rolls with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 108 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.