- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 2 medium green peppers. coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 12 slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard. Stir in the sausage mixture, bread, spinach, cheeses and zucchini.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Veggie Sausage Strata
Sort By :
"I really liked the taste of the recipe. I didn't use anywhere near the same amount of sausage because of the sodium but I did use one of the chicken apple sausages and diced it really fine for more flavor. I also used no sodium bread and as dense as the brand I buy is, it really helped in this recipe. It soaked up more of the water in the zucchini. I was a little afraid it would dry out the casserole but it didn't. Since there are two of us, I made only 1//2 the recipe in a pie plate. I did not make it all and freeze half because zucchini can be very mushy when frozen."