Veggie-Sausage Cheese Soup Recipe
I took this soup to a potluck at work, where it was well received...and was the only dish prepared by a guy! The great combination of textures and flavors had everyone asking for the recipe.—Richard Grant, Hudson, New Hampshire
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 55 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours YIELD:16 servings
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 each medium green and sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onions, peppers and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the sausage, potatoes, cream-style corn, broth, soup, carrots, corn, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and seasonings.Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Stir in cheese and milk. Cook on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup equals 260 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC