I took this soup to a potluck at work, where it was well received...and was the only dish prepared by a guy! The great combination of textures and flavors had everyone asking for the recipe.—Richard Grant, Hudson, New Hampshire
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 each medium green and sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, peppers and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the sausage, potatoes, cream-style corn, broth, soup, carrots, corn, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and seasonings.Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cheese and milk. Cook on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Veggie-Sausage Cheese Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p104
Reviews for Veggie-Sausage Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review