Veggie Salad Recipe
This colorful vegetable mixture with a sweet homemade dressing is ready in a flash. “I’ve enjoyed the combination on many occasions,” notes Marian Seuferling of Louisburg, Kansas. “I often double the recipe and serve it at special events.”
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 5 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese and basil. Drizzle over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, add lettuce and water chestnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 84 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable.
Reviews for Veggie Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC