Veggie Salad in Lettuce Cups Recipe
Radishes, carrots and cucumber give this appealing side dish plenty of crunch, and the balsamic-honey mustard dressing has just the right amount of tartness. Field editor Amy Short of Lesage, West Virginia shared the recipe.
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 12 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, carrots and radishes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper; shake well.
- 2. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 3. For each serving, shape two lettuce leaves into a cup; fill with vegetable mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 92 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Veggie Salad in Lettuce Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC