Radishes, carrots and cucumber give this appealing side dish plenty of crunch, and the balsamic-honey mustard dressing has just the right amount of tartness. Field editor Amy Short of Lesage, West Virginia shared the recipe.
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 12 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, carrots and radishes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- For each serving, shape two lettuce leaves into a cup; fill with vegetable mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Salad in Lettuce Cups in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p49
Reviews for Veggie Salad in Lettuce Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review