Radishes, carrots and cucumber give this appealing side dish plenty of crunch, and the balsamic-honey mustard dressing has just the right amount of tartness. Field editor Amy Short of Lesage, West Virginia shared the recipe.
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 12 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, carrots and radishes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- For each serving, shape two lettuce leaves into a cup; fill with vegetable mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Salad in Lettuce Cups in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p49
Reviews for Veggie Salad in Lettuce Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2014
"This was very colorful and made for a great presentation. The dressing was good but just not for me. Too healthy maybe. Yes, I know that sounds crazy but the best way to describe it."